Tuesday, September 16, 2008

NATIONAL ZOO VISIT ~ PART III

Hello!

Sorry about the delay, but I'm finally getting to you the next installment of our trip to National Zoo. This one's for the birds!

Especially the flamingos - they are truly one of the most colorful and graceful of the large birds. I had never seen one really up close, except for the plastic ones you see on front lawns! Believe me, these birds are gorgeous! And LOUD!


I never realized they could raise so much of a ruckus! In addition to the adults, I have included some chicks, too.




I saw these chicks on the camsite when they hatched, so it was neat to get a live update on them.

We learned that hatching flamingo chicks in captivity is somewhat rare, so the National Zoo has been blessed with at least three of them!















In addition to the flamingos, I have added a shot of the original "Fruit Loops" bird, the toucan. Talk about colorful!
I have some additional shots that I am going to prepare for another installment - for future viewing!

Hope you enjoy these!

Later...
DaveKay
Images and story courtesy of DaveKay
Sure looks as if you had a wonderful time at the Zoo and I'm sure all are looking forward to the next set of pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Looking forward to our next 'trip'
SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE !!

No comments: