Tuesday, September 25, 2007

RIVER TRIP

I told you I would send you a pictorial account of our trip to the Potomac river two weeks ago -- here it is! The pictures are few, and the subject matter is not the river. It was very low and slow that weekend and very crappy looking. A lot of the shots were of people I had never met before, so I decided to spare you those! This spot was what they call "The Trough",
and it's located right outside of Moorefield, WV. It's a pleasantly quiet, forested area, away from traffic noises, and all those unpleasant sounds associated with the city. The first pic is a semi-panoramic shot of the trailers situated down by the river.

(Reminds me a bit of the campground where I have my trailer permanently parked.)

The next shot (the only one with people!) is our friend who owns the double wide that we stayed at. He's the one on the left. The gal behind him (in the dark red shirt) is my better half, Judy. The other two people are total strangers! LOL


The remaining shots are of an interesting birdhouse (doesn't look like it has had much use recently but I do know that spiders build webs very quickly)



riverside sunsets,


and a shot of the mountains on the way home.

Next trip will yield much better material, I promise! ~ DaveKay
.
Images courtesy of DaveKay
.
Thanks for sharing DaveKay. Ya know the last shot reminds me a lot of the view from the High Country Webcams that show the Smokey Mountains.
.
Looking forward to our next 'trip'
SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE

No comments: